As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic’s impact on Flex Plan Participants, the Trustees of the Entertainment Industry Flex Plan have authorized a Special Open Enrollment in the hope of providing some financial relief by allowing participants to make changes to their insurance elections effective 05/01/2020.
Any enrollment changes made during this Special Open Enrollment Period must remain in effect through 12/31/2020.To access this memo and other COVID-19 related information online, go to www.flexplan.com
We strongly encourage all participants to sign up for email delivery at www.flexplan.com/email to receive enrollment information, as well as additional important information, as soon as it becomes available.
Notifications will be sent by 04/14/2020 to all participants who qualify for this Special Open Enrollment. Participants who do not qualify for this Special Open Enrollment will receive relevant information in their next quarterly statement. Special Open Enrollment Period: April 15, 2020-April 29, 2020
Who is Eligible for this Special Open Enrollment?
1. Participants currently enrolled in Medical Insurance coverage from the Flex Plan may take any of the following actions:•Change their medical insurance coverage option. For example, a participant in Plan 80 could change to a lower cost option offered through the Flex Plan.•Drop dependents from their Flex Plan group coverage to reduce the cost of their premiums.
- Add dependents, if dependents are currently covered by an individual or exchange policy (documentation of current proof of insurance through at least 03/2020 is required). This would allow a participant to gain access to their Flex Plan account balance to pay premiums for their dependent(s).
2. Participants currently covered by an individual or exchange policy who have a Flex Plan account balance of $1,200 or more may:•Enroll under any of the Flex Plan Group Medical Insurance Options. This will allow participants to use their account balance to pay premiums as individual and exchange premiums are not eligible for reimbursement per the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) guidelines.
- Documentation of current enrollment (at least through 03/2020) in an individual or exchange plan will be required for enrollment.oDependents may also be enrolled subject to the proof of insurance requirement above.
The Trustees have also approved these changes:
- The 2019 Claims Submission Deadline has been extended until 06/30/2020.
- The $20.00reinstatement fee is waived for 90 days (05/01/2020 –07/31/2020).
- The 4% credit card convenience fee is waived for 90 days (04/25/2020 –07/25/2020)
- Anyone that is currently covered by Flex Plan group Dental or Vision insurance may drop those coverages
We are hopeful that these changes will make it a little easier to get through these challenging times